I have seen on mummydaddyme’s youtube and a few others a baby name tag going around where you have to answer questions about baby names you like/dislike etc and I thought I would do it also but as a blog post as we don’t have a you tube channel!!
So before I start I will remind you of our babies names, I have a little girl called Sienna who is 7, a little boy Tate who is 5 and a baby boy Smith who is 1. Jade has a little girl Honey who is 7, a little by Rocco who is 5 and a baby boy Nixon who is 1.
Baby Names Tag Challenge
1. What is your favourite boy and girl’s name from the top UK names list (2015)?
For a girl, i would obviously have to choose the name Sienna, although when we had her in 2009 there really were not a lot of Sienna’s around then at all! If I were to choose a different one off this list it would be Penelope I think it is so sweet and my cousin’s little girl is called Penelope.
For a boy, I would probably choose Austin as it sounds like a good strong name.
2. What is your least favourite boy and girl’s name from the top UK names list (2015)?
I feel bad answering this question as I wouldn’t want to offend anyone, what you name your child is very personal to you as it should be so please don’t be offended anyone who has these names! The girl’s name would be Francesca and the boy’s name would be Rory.
2. If you had twins, what would you name them? (G/G, B/B, B/G)
I would love twins, I have had my twin boy and girl names for years and they would be Maverick for a boy and Monroe for a girl! Although I have never thought about same sex twin names so that’s a little trickier. For girls, I would maybe choose Monroe and Margot although Margot is becoming quite popular! For boys, I would probably carry on the surname thing I have going on and would call them Jones and Jennings.
3. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be?
Its really hard to imagine yourself with another name isn’t it? I have been told lots of times I look like a Sarah but if I could have any name I would choose Lala as that’s what my hubby calls me as he says I live in Lala land!
4. You have 4 children, any gender. Their first names all have to start with the same letter. What would their names be?
Gosh, this is a tough one im just going to go with what comes straight in my head and not think to hard… probably Monroe, Margot, Maverick and Mack.
5. What’s your favourite animal-inspired name?
I really like Fox for a boy, I think it’s really cool and a good strong name.
6. What’s your favourite colour-inspired name?
I’m going to say, Jade, because she is my best 🙂
7. What are your top 3 favourite boy names?
Jones, Maverick & Sawyer
8. What are your top 3 favourite girl names?
Quinn, Sawyer & Margot
9. What is your favourite celebrity baby name?
I love Rachel Bilson’s little girls name Briar Rose. So pretty.
10. What is your ultimate guilty pleasure name?
Has to be Elvis!!
11. What are your most hated baby names?
Again this feels really mean but it just seems wrong now to imagine a baby named something like Barry or Shirley?
12. Choose a baby name based on a food/drink.
I quite like Anise as I instantly think of stars and I love stars!
13. Choose a baby name based on a month.
I would choose January as I love January Jones who was an actress in Mad Men.
14. Choose a baby name from a movie.
Has to be Maverick from Top Gun! I love this name and wanted to call Tate it but my husband Chris wouldn’t let me! He did change his mind by the time we had Smith but I had already called our dog Maverick by that point. But I just love that name.
15. Choose a name that is already in your family.
I love Smith’s name, mainly because I don’t know any other Smith’s and I think it’s really strong. I do get a lot of ‘what were you thinking’ and ‘Smith? as a first name?’ with puzzled faces but I don’t care! I love it and I think it really suits him!
So that’s the end of the baby names tag challenge! I am not going to tag anyone as I wouldn’t want anyone to feel obliged but if you join in too please do and let us know as we would love to read yours also! I love baby name chat!
Have a fab Saturday and we will see you tomorrow for our Sunday Edit.
Love Leeanne xx